Now I know nobody likes a show-off, but I’ve had a FAB week this week, and I’m really rather pleased with myself. If you don’t want to read my shameless gloating, feel free to stop right now – I shan’t be in the least offended.
1. I’ve lost 5 lbs on the first week my healthy eating/exercise regime – am SO pleased to see a tangible result already. Now to keep it going …
2. I went to the first lesson of my beginners crochet course by myself. I wasn’t looking forward to it much, but I had a really nice time, learnt to do some crocheting and met some really nice women, including one who I really hit it off with and I think might become a new friend. What’s not to like? Am looking forward to next week’s lesson already.
3. Went swimming this morning. I had arranged to go with two friends, but they both cancelled, and it would have been so easy to use that as an excuse not to go, but I forced myself out of the house, went to the Leisure Centre, swam 20 lengths, and felt really good about myself for actually doing so.
4. Sticking to my no-alcohol September. A long summer of holidays, socialising and generally having fun meant that I was drinking more than I wanted to be. So I decided to have a dry September. Tedious, yes. Am I feeling healthier? No, not particularly. Is it good for me? Without a doubt. And I am sleeping better. And it’s good self-discipline.
5. Can’t think of a number 5. Oh well, it will have to be a Friday Four. That kind of works, doesn’t it?