… is the express service to Procrastination Central. Calling at: Fiddling With My Iphone, Make Another Cup of Tea, Avoid The Ironing, and Facebook.
Yup, that’s been my week so far.
I heard on Monday that one of the school governors I’ve worked closely with for the last four years had died on Sunday (cancer). She was a real example through her long illness, very brave and a real character. The last time I saw her (less than two weeks ago at a committee meeting), she made me laugh out loud with her dry wit, which will be how I remember her. So sad. Candle for you, Stella, to light your way.
And I have been giving far too much headspace to the thing with my ex sister in law which I mentioned earlier this week. It’ s been troubling me. Mostly because I feel guilty about William’s relationship with his cousins. I am happy to discontinue contact with Sarah – it had been getting less and less, anyway. But I feel bad for William. However, Ashley and his brother could make the effort to get the kids together (which they never have done. Ever.) Or indeed my mother-in-law could do so. Why do I feel the need to take responsibility for this? I don’t really know, but it seems to be nagging away in my head.
So, here’s the thing: I need to GET STUFF DONE (copyright Mo!). I am going to list ten things here that I want to get done today, and I’m going to do them.
- List six things on Ebay.
- Make Nigella Breakfast Bar recipe (Will wants to help, so will have to be after I pick him up from school).
- Go through two boxes of clothes which have been sitting on the landing since Dickens was a boy.
- Wrap up ten more Christmas presents.
- Hoover and dust my bedroom, and tidy large pile of clothes, too.
- Tesco Wine order (v v v important, this one – must get it done TODAY!)
- Filing (pile is possibly going to be vying for a place in The World’s Top Ten Highest Mountains if I do not tackle it.
- Do a load of washing and get it dry.
- Make a start on a project that I can’t tell you about because it’s for somebody who reads this blog: I bought something yesterday which is going to be an awful lot of work but will be absolutely fabulous when complete. Couldn’t resist it.
- Clean and polish kitchen worktops.
Wish me luck.