1. My digital camera, which Ashley bought me for Christmas a couple of years ago – it’s something that I use almost every day and gives me lots of enjoyment.
2. Roller Boots – I can’t remember how old I was, but roller boots (as opposed to roller skates – v. important distinction there) had recently become popular, and I got a pair for Christmas. They were definitely the best present EVER – I spent hours and hours and hours in them/on them. I wonder if they’re still in my parents’ loft somewhere?!
3. Books – I’ve written more than enough in this blog about my love for books, so I don’t think I need to expand on this one. Only to say that if it’s a book that I’ve expressed a desire for, a new book by an author I’ve read before and liked, even better.
4. My Dyson washing machine. Ashley was teased unmercifully by the girls in his office when he bought me this for Christmas 8 or 9 years ago – they thought I’d go ballistic when presented with such a domestic gift. But they were wrong. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Dyson washing machine – mostly because of its H-U-G-E drum capacity, which means I only have to do two or three loads of washing a week. Sadly, Dyson no longer make washing machines, so I won’t be able to have another one when this one goes to washing machine heaven.
5. My 40th birthday present to myself: a classic black quilted Chanel handbag. It will last forever, maybe even become a family heirloom – and I smile every time I look at it.
Don’t forget to go and visit those other Friday 5 girls ( Kat, Holly, Laura, Dawn, Teresa and The Thrifty Chick)-, and if you’d like to join in, please do – you can find us on Twitter using the hashtag #Friday5.
What’s your best ever present?