I have spent the morning in a state of panic after thinking my camera (with all my holiday photos) had been stolen out of my luggage on the way home from holiday. However, having turned the house upside down twice, I have now found it (Doh!!) so all is well!
And without further ado, here is this week’s list:
1. Holidays! How could number 1 in my favourite things about summer be anything other than this? Quality time with family, no chores to do, fabulous food and drink, endless sunshine – what could be better?
2. Long daylight hours. I always have more energy when the days are longer – and it encourages me to get up earlier as well.
3. Flip Flops and sandals – I just love summer footwear. After so many months encased in winter boots, it’s lovely to get your tootsies out, paint those toenails and wear summery sandals, pretty peeptoes or fabulous flip flops.
4. Summer food – salads, barbecues, picnics. And lots and lots of Pimms. All al fresco, weather permitting, of course.
5. Car boot sales. Yes, I know that’s a weird answer, but although we’re lucky enough to have car boot sales all year round down here, they are always soooo much better during the summer months, and I do love a good car boot, as I’m sure you all know.
Don’t forget to visit the other Friday 5 ladies, and you can follow us on Twitter using the #Friday5 hashtag. If you’d like to join in with Friday 5, I can email you a list of our upcoming topics for the next few weeks – just leave a comment.