So annoying: I’d kept a document on my desktop making a note of all my decluttering activity over the last week, which I was going to use as an update on last week’s Too Much Everything post, and I’ve somehow managed to delete it – and empty it out of the recycle bin as well. Hmmmph. A case of over-zealous decluttering perhaps.
So I’ll just have to list the things I can remember:
- Deleted a whole bunch of apps off my iPhone, unsubscribed from all the podcasts I never get the chance to listen to, deleted loads of old texts, and backed up and sync’d my iphone for the first time for about six months.
- Sorted out a box of old toys/games I’d taken out of Will’s rooms ages ago, kept what could be sold on Ebay, and rest to go to charity shop.
- Deleted everything apart from four films I want to watch from the DVD recorder. Checked what I’ve got on series link, and deleted all but a few favourites.
- Streamlined my Facebook and Twitter contacts.
- Decluttered the cutlery drawer and gave it a thorough clean – seriously, did we need seven bottle stoppers/corks – as if there’s ever a half empty bottle of vino lurking about in this house for more than about half an hour!
- Took a load of books back to the library which I will never get the chance to read.
- Really hard one, this – reduced the books in my bookcase down to around a year’s worth of reading (from 1.5 years – I thought that was quite good!). Some to list on RISI and some for the charity shop. I actually have SPACE in my bookcase for the first time in years!
- Went through a bunch of bookmarks in a folder I call ‘shopping’. Transferred things that I’m still interested in to an online wish list on Wishpot, deleted almost all the rest.
- Deleted a whole bunch of bookmarked cashback sites that I used to use for daily clicks (which I no longer do).
- Cleared out the stationery area underneath my printer, and binned a load of stuff I’m not going to use again.
Written down like that, it seems like I’ve done a lot, but in reality it’s just made me realise how much more there is to be done!
This is defninitely a work in progress, and will be continued when I come home from Spain at the beginning of September. I think I need to have a more organised approach to it as well – maybe room by room, or a pre-arranged list of areas to deal with each week? Any tips on how to proceed?