It seems to me that this week’s subject is inextricably tied up with my favourite things to eat. I love cooking (and eating!), and I would like to have more time to experiment with new recipes. The cooking in this household is very much a shared job, as Ashley loves to cook as well (and is a WAY better cook than I am, to be honest). I tend to cook during the week, and Ashley cooks at weekends, which is a perfect arrangement as far as I’m concerned.
1. Thai Food – I love the flavours used in Thai cooking, and have been experimenting with lots of Thai recipes this year. I think my favourite so far has been Tom Yum Soup.
2. Risotto – I really like cooking risotto because it’s one of those things you can throw together in 20 minutes with whatever you’ve got in the fridge, and is always yummy. The constant stirring required with risotto is quite soothing, too.
3. Shepherd’s Pie – one of my ultimate comfort foods, really good on a cold winter’s evening, and great for preparing ahead and just shoving in the oven when you get home. Reminds me of my childhood.
4. Spag Bol – William and Ashley’s favourite meal of all time, and I like cooking this one simply because when they say ‘what’s for dinner?’ and I tell them, it makes them both smile.
5. Soup. Any soup really. I like preparing and chopping the ingredients, I like using stock that I’ve made myself, and I always like the end result. Two of my particular favourites are broccoli and blue cheese, and minestrone. There’s nothing like a bowl of homemade soup and some crusty bread.
I’m putting a little Mr Linky in again (I hope it works, because I’ll be away when this post goes up) for everybody who’s joining in to link to their Friday 5 posts this week.
Happy Weekend, Everybody!