I’m almost embarrassed to admit that it is only 47 days until we are off on our big annual family holiday (courtesy of my parents), and this year the destination is the Maldives. Somewhere I’ve always wanted to go, so I’m really excited about it.
As I’ve said before, September always feels like a month for new beginnings (something to do with the start of the new school year, and the onset of autumn, I think), and it also feels like a good time for setting a few goals, so here are mine for the next 47 days:
1. Lose at least 1 stone (14 lbs). Back to the Big Momma Challenge with a vengeance, starting yesterday. I have weighed myself this morning, and have put on a couple of pounds on holiday, which wasn’t as much as I expected – hurrah! Weekly posts on a Thursday again.
2. Improve fitness – I am still suffering problems with my ankle, which I sprained quite badly several weeks ago. However, my walking boots seem to support it perfectly (I HATE those bloody trainers ), so I have decided to keep my exercise regime very simple, and just do walking. I aim to walk 10 miles per week, and have an iPhone app which keeps track of this (iBikenRun – amazingly clever!). This may not seem like a very ambitious exercise goal to anybody with a modicum of fitness but, believe me, it is a massive one for me.
3. Make £400 profit on eBay.
4. Continue my Life Laundry and write weekly updates.
5. Improve time management (and reduce procrastination) by timetabling slots for things that I need to do – I’ve tried this before with some success, so I’ll give it another go.