I’ve also been busy. Too busy. I feel frazzled. And stressed – a nasty ongoing legal matter that I can’t really write about is worrying me. And I’ve been eating too much of all the wrong things. And I’ve had a couple of hangovers in the last couple of weeks (not major ones, but just, you know, that horrible mushy, vacant, general under-the-weatherness of the morning after the night before). And I had two horrible and unreasonable Ebay buyers last week (one of whom tracked me down on Facebook and Twitter bizarrely, and is no doubt reading this now!). Work also hasn’t been great lately. And I haven’t been sleeping enough, or particularly well.
And I woke up feeling horrible this morning – Monday morning-itis times about 1,000.
So I have designated this week as ‘Be Kind To Myself’ Week.
- I will get eight hours’ sleep a night at least, every night.
- I will not make endless ‘to do’ lists and beat myself up about not getting to the end of them.
- I will try not to stress about things I have no control over.
- I will drink (at least) five big glasses of water every day.
- I will not drink any alcohol until Friday, and then only in moderation.
- I will eat (at least) my ‘five a day’ every day.
- I will do something nice for myself every day, eg hot bath with lovely aromatherapy oils, facial, pedicure etc.
- I will turn off the computer EVERY NIGHT by 7.00 pm.
- I will make time for reading.
- And I will not get cross with myself if I fail to live up to everything on this list.
Hopefully this will result in a healthier, happier Caroline by the end of the week – I’ll let you know how I get on.