With my well-documented hatred of the cold, as the icy winter weather takes a grip on the UK, I am trying to be positive:
1. Although it’s abso-bloody-lutely FREEEEEZZZZZZING, it hasn’t yet snowed down here. Long may this continue – the roads are a nightmare out here in the countryside when it snows.
2. Central heating – at the touch of a button (and at a cost that’s 7% higher than it was last week), the house is toasty warm.
3. The kettle – there’s nothing better than a steaming mug of tea/coffee/hot chocolate in this weather.
4. Soup. Any kind will do.
5. My fur and fleece sofa throws: ideal for snuggling down in front of the TV and keeping out the cold.
6. Holiday brochures. What better way of passing the time when it’s so horrible outside than flicking through pages full of sunshine and sand planning next year’s holidays?