1. Worrying about whether my parents will actually manage to get here for Christmas in this dreadful weather.
2. Wondering, assuming my parents get here, whether it’s unreasonable of me to feel a bit aggrieved that my father wants to go to Church on both Christmas Day and Boxing Day mornings, and therefore won’t be sitting down to breakfast with the rest of the family on either day.
3. Worrying whether, if I go to the Royal Mail Delivery Office tomomorrow morning, they’ll let me have my mail (haven’t had a delivery out here since last Wednesday and not likely to for the foreseeable future), as I’m waiting for a couple of things that I could really do with having before Christmas.
4. Thinking about Ashley’s brother and his girlfriend, who already have three children between them, two of whom are severely disabled and very needy, and have just announced that she’s pregnant.
5. Wishing that we could finalise plans for New Year (we’re waiting till after Christmas to get a better deal on the hotel we want to go to).
6. Wondering how many more rows the crap weather is going to provoke between Ashley and myself about whose need for the 4X4 (MY car, not his) is greater. I don’t FEEL like it’s unreasonable to offer to take him into work and pick him up again, so I can have use of my car all day, rather than being stuck at home all day while he takes the car, but according to him it is.
7. Hoping William is going to feel better tomorrow – and that Ashley and I aren’t going to catch his cold/throat/cough thing.