It is, without doubt, a truism that we all turn into our parents eventually.
And yes, it seems to be happening to me as well.
Here are just some of the things that I find myself saying on almost a daily basis which, whenever I say them, I can just hear my mother saying the exact same words several decades ago.
1. Hmmm, and what would you do if *insert name as appropriate* told you to run under a bus?
2. How many times do I have to ask you to tidy your bedroom?
3. Because I said so.
4. Is there a reason every light in the house has been left on?
5. Why is that mug still on the shelf in your bedroom?
6. For the love of God, will somebody else in this bloody household other than me carry some of this stuff up the stairs rather than just walking past it !!!