1. Lauren by Ralph Lauren. This was the first bottle of perfume I ever owned (it was a Christmas present, though I can’t remember who from), and I remember feeling terribly grown up whenever I used it. I can’t even recall what it smelt like now, and don’t know even if it is still available to buy, but I do have a soft spot for that smart red bottle with the gold stopper.
2. Chanel Cristalle & Chanel No. 19 – I wore both of these a lot when I was in my 20s, and I still like them both now, though if I had to choose one of them, it would be Cristalle.
3. Clinique Wrappings. This is probably my favourite perfume EVER, and sadly it’s almost impossible to get hold of now, particularly in this country. I last found a small bottle of it lurking on the bottom shelf of a corner counter at Gatwick Duty Free about five years ago, and I really miss being able to wear this perfume regularly.
4. Marc Jacobs Daisy. One of my current favourites, despite the fact the scent seems to fade within a couple of hours. The bottle is so pretty, though …
5. Jo Malone. I treated myself to the Fragrance Combining Coffret when we went on holiday in October, and I’m really enjoying trying all the different options with the six different fragrances. I think I would have to say that Grapefruit is my very favourite – fresh and light, and somehow makes me think of warm, sunny days (particularly nice when I’m typing this at 4 pm with the heating on, pitch dark and pouring freezing rain outside!).
6. DKNY Women and DKNY Be Delicious – both long-time faves, particularly the latter, which smells of crispy green apples. Yum.
7. Vera Wang Princess. Weirdly, I hate the smell of this on me (eugh, so sweet), but love it on other people. And what’s not to love about the colour and the shape of the bottle? Just fabulous!
What’s your favourite scent?