1. Had lunch at Bovey Castle to celebrate a friend’s 50th birthday.
2. Taken minutes of a very boring school meeting which went on and on and on …
3. Cleaned out and reorganised both my freezers.
4. Met an African Grey parrot who could whistle the theme tune of The Archers.
5. Failed to see Best Exotic Marigold Hotel at the cinema because it was full (my friend INSISTS on going on Orange Wednesday because it’s half price, and it’s not the first time this has happened. I’d rather go another day, pay the extra £3 and actually get in to see the film).
6. Drank a revolting glass of warm white wine at Wetherspoons.
7. Cooked lots of delicious (but rather fattening) recipes from Jamie’s America.
8. Took afternoon tea round to Ashley’s mother’s house to celebrate her 70th birthday.
9. Wondered why I seem to be the only person (other than Ashley, sometimes) who finds Ashley’s mother’s brainless wittering EXCEEDINGLY irritating. And despite me having spoken to her about it previously and asked her to stop, she still does that horrible thing of invading my personal space and standing right up close to me when she talks to me, edging closer all the time. I can’t BEAR it.
10. A LOT of ironing.
11. Sorted some of the mounds of eBay stock, attemping to create order from the chaos. It’s improved, but not much.
12. Went out for a delicious curry last night – William has suddenly developed a bit of a penchant for Indian food.
13. Was rather pleased to wake up feeling very chipper this morning, despite rather a lot of wine last night – what a welcome result!
14. Had a brisk walk along Teignmouth seafront in the sunshine with William, followed by sausage baps and big mugs of tea in a cafe on the promenade.
15. Packed up and sent a million eBay parcels.
16. Cancelled an insurance policy that Ashley’s been needlessly paying for eight months for a house that we sold *rolleyes*.
17. Made plans for our upcoming trip to London.
18. Thought about cleaning the kitchen – but only thought.
19. Reminded William EVERY SINGLE BLOODY DAY to feed his tortoise.