I do love my beauty products, and it has been nice to be able to buy myself some new things to try after a whole year of self-imposed make up and beauty shopping ban in 2011.
So I thought I’d share with you a few of my current can’t-live-without-products.
1. Clarisonic Mia – This is a sonic skin cleansing system, and I’ve been using it almost every evening since receiving it as a Christmas present. I absolutely love how clean it makes my face feel – apparently it cleanses up to 6 times more thoroughly than standard cleansing methods. And it has also improved my skin enormously: although I’m not prone to spots (thankfully), I have suffered for years from those tiny hard white spots under the skin (milia), and I have noticed a huge improvement in these since starting to use the Clarisonic – they are almost all gone now, which I’m delighted about.
2. Crabtree & Evelyn Lily Body Lotion – I love the fragrance of Lily of the Valley (why is it called Lily, when it’s Lily of the Valley? Strange), and if I put this body lotion on first thing in the morning, I can still smell it on my skin in the afternoon. I rather fancy the shower gel and eau de toilette as well …
3. Soap & Glory Heel Genius – I do love a good foot cream, especially at this time of year – after a long winter in boots, my tootsies need all the help they can get. You put it on before bed and it soaks in overnight, softening and smoothing your feet. It feels lovely and smells pretty good too. And I’ve also used it as an emergency lip balm, with excellent results. AND it’s only about a fiver and lasts for ages.
4. Simple Eye Make Up Remover – I ALWAYS come back to this eye make up remover, as it’s gentle, does a perfect job and is cheap as chips. And I haven’t found a single one (even the really pricy ones) that I prefer. Just perfect.
5. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact – I treated myself to this when it was on Buyapowa – mmm, I’m a bit addicted to this co-buying site – recently, at a brilliant price. It gives me a lovely healthy glow without being too bronzer-y, and has become a staple part of my daily make-up routine.
So, that’s my top five current favourites.
What are your beauty staples at the moment? Have you got any recommendations for me?