Time for a Friday 5 – feels like ages since I last did one.
1. CATH KIDSTON. It’s just all a bit …. TWEE. And overpriced. In my humble opinion. I know there are many, many people out there in blogland who will disagree with me, but hey ho, it would be a boring world if we all liked the same things, wouldn’t it?
2. KEEP CALM & CARRY ON. Oh God, I am SO sick of this – it really is just everywhere. My son informed me yesterday that there’s even a Keep Calm iPhone App, for goodness’ sake. And most of the derivations aren’t even amusing. Go away.
3. BACK TO SCHOOL DISPLAYS in supermarkets. They’ve been up since the beginning of July, and I don’t want to look at them any more. Take them away. And DON’T replace them with Christmas things, thank you.
4. SCAFFOLDING in my driveway. The neighbours had some work done on their chimney which necessitated putting up scaffolding in our already-very-narrow shared driveway. Although the work was finished last week, the scaffolding is still up, and I can literally only JUST squeeze my car through, with about two inches on either side. Which is rapidly becoming tedious.
5. MY BROADBAND. However, since starting this post, I have had a telephone call from Tesco, my broadband provider, informed me that AT LAST they have fixed my crappy speed. And touch wood, it currently seems to be much improved. Whether it stays that way or not, only time will tell.
What are you a bit sick of at the moment?